Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
4 pounds of chicken
2 onions chopped
1 zucchini minced
8 dried dates, pitted and chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
2 carrots, minced
2 teaspoons of fresh ginger
1 teaspoon of paprika
½ teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of oregano, dried
1/3 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1/3 teaspoon of ground turmeric
2 cinnamon sticks
3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste Ingredients for the rub
1/3 cup extravirgin olive oil
1/3 teaspoon of ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon of cumin Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onion, carrots, garlic, and ginger
- Cook for 3 minutes and then add zucchinis, dates, paprika, oregano, cumin,
paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well and cook for another four minutes.
- Fill the chicken cavity with this prepared mixture.
- Add cinnamon stick at the same time
- Use the cooking string to tie the chicken
- Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Take a small bowl and combine all the rub ingredients.
- Rub half mixture over the chicken
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour in the oven
- Remember to baste the chicken after every 15 minutes.
- Once roast, serve it immediately.
Nutrition: Calories: 586; fat: 16g; Cholesterol: 233mg; Sodium: 250mg;
Carb: 16.9g; Protein: 89.2g;