Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
1 lb. cooked beef rib meat
4 tostada shells
1 cup Pinto Beans, cooked
¼ cup Cotija cheese
2 tbsp. cilantro
5 ancho chiles
2 whole yellow onions
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. Mexican oregano
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ cup chopped cilantro
Fried Onion Chips Canola oil
½ cup flour
¼ cup cornmeal
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1 egg, beaten
- To make the Ancho Sauce, toast the chiles on the grill (or in a
skillet on medium heat), being careful not to burn them.
- Soak the toasted chiles in a bowl of water for 2 hours or until soft. Remove
the stems and most of the seeds (keep some seeds). Reserve 2 cups of water
infused with chiles. infused with chiles.
- In a food processor, add all the sauce ingredients (including the water) and
- Use immediately and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To make the Fried Onion Chips, heat up oil in a deep fryer or skillet to
- In a bowl, combine the flour and cornmeal together and mix well.
- Coat the onions in the beaten egg, then put them in the flour mixture.
- Fry the coated onions for 8 minutes or until golden brown and delicious.
- Let the onion chips cool on paper towels for 1 minute.
- To assemble the Tostadas, put some beans on the tostada shell, followed by
the meat. Top with onion chips, sauce, cheese, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.