Cooking Time: 3 Hours
1 lb. cooked beef short ribs, shredded Oaxaca cheese
Red onion, chopped
1 cup dry pinto beans
¼ cup yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp. crushed red pepper
½ tbsp dried Mexican
oregano ½ tbsp. garlic powder
1 pk. Goya Sazón
Water, as needed
4 jalapeño peppers
2 Anaheim peppers
1 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
½ cup diced yellow onion
¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro with stems
- To make the Pinto Beans, soak the beans in a bowl overnight,
- In a large pot over low heat, add all the ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours.3. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
- To make the Salsa Verde, set up the grill for high heat direct grilling at 600+°F.
- Place the tomatillos and peppers on the grill and cook them until they char
up and blister.
- Put the blistered peppers in a large storage bag and seal it for 10 minutes.
- Peel the skin off the peppers and do away with the stem and seeds.
- Put the tomatillos, peppers, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and onion in a food
processor and blend until smooth. Add the cilantro to the food processor and
pulse a few times to mix well.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Start building the nachos with a base layer of chips, followed by Pinto
Beans, rib meat, Salsa Verde, and cheese. Top with avocado, cilantro,
and red onion.
- Serve immediately.