Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
½ lb. smoked beef rib meat, shredded
½ lb. smoked pork rib meat, shredded
1 white onion, chopped
¼ cup Main Street Rib Rub
½ tbsp. Hwy K Rib Sauce
⅛-inch thin sliced
¼ cup chopped red peppers
¼ cup chopped yellow onion
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
⅓ cup turbinado sugar
½ tsp. turmeric, ground
½ tsp. cloves, ground
½ tsp. celery seeds
1 tsp. mustard seeds, whole
1 tsp. Tellicherry black peppercorns,
⅓ cup whole water
- Make the Sweet Pickles a few days ahead. In a saucepan over
medium heat, bring water and vinegar to a boil.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large mason jar and pour the hot
liquid into the jar.
- Add more water if needed and seal the jar tightly.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 days.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef and pork rib meat. Add a bit of
sauce and rub and cook until the meat is crispy on the outside.
- Toast the bun, then stack the meat, pickles, and onions on the bun. Repeat
with the second bun.
- Top with rub and sauce.
- Serve immediately.