Cooking Time: 5 Hours
3 lbs. beef short ribs
2 bottles of porter craft beer
½ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. Asian chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large onion, rough chop
3 whole carrots, rough chop
4 stalks celery, rough chop
All-Purpose Meat Rub Kosher salt
- In a bowl, combine all All-Purpose Meat Rub ingredients and mix well. Set
aside until ready to use.
- Set up the grill (or smoker) for indirect heat at 225°F. Use hickory, pecan,
or any fruitwood for smoking.
- Apply the meat rub evenly over the short ribs and place them on the grill.
- Smoke for 1½ hours.
- In a foil pan, combine the remaining ingredients and place the short ribs on
top. Cover the foil pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Braise for 3 hours until tender.
- Set up the grill for direct heat at 600°F.
- Sear the short ribs over high heat until a flavor crust develops.
- Use a stick blender or food processor to blend the braising liquid until
smooth. Strain liquid with a fine mesh strainer.
- Serve short ribs immediately with a side of the braising juice.