Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 cup barley flour
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons stevia or other natural sweetener
3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, add the barley, flour, stevia, protein
powder, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the ricotta, skim milk, orange juice,
orange zest, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Beat together until mixed well.
Slowly blend liquid substances into dry ingredients until just mixed. Do not
- Coat a massive nonstick skillet in cooking spray and wipe away the extra with a
Paper towel. Keep this for wiping the pan after every pancake. Warmth the skillet
Over medium warmth.
- Spoon approximately 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle and prepare dinner till bubbles appear.
bubbles appear. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat step 4 with the remaining batter.
Nutrition:Calories: 242; Protein: 21grams; Carbohydrates: 27grams; Fat: 5grams