Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 cup barley flour
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons stevia or other natural sweetener
3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, add the barley, flour, stevia, protein
powder, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large blending bowl, add the ricotta, skim milk, orange juice, orange zest,
eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Beat together till mixed well. Slowly combo liquid
materials into dry ingredients until simply blended. Do not overmix.
- Coat a massive nonstick skillet in cooking spray and wipe away the extra with a
Paper towel. Preserve this for wiping the pan after each pancake. Warm temperature
the skillet Over medium warmth.
- Spoon about three to 4 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle and put together dinner till bubbles appear.
Bubbles appear. Turn and cook dinner until golden brown.
- Repeat step 4 with the ultimate batter.
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Fat: 5 grams