Cooking Time: 4 hours
1 rack beef short ribs, whole
2 tbsp. Beef Rub Bleu Cheese Compound
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3 tbsp. bleu cheese crumbles
2 cloves roasted garlic
1 tbsp. minced red onion
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine all the Bleu Cheese Compound ingredients and mix
- Pour the butter compound into the center of a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Shape the compound into a 1-inch diameter log. Wrap tightly and place it in
the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Move the butter log to the fridge until ready to use.
- Set up the grill (or smoker) for indirect heat at 300°F. Use hickory, pecan, or
any fruitwood for smoking.
- Apply the Beef Rub evenly over the short ribs and place them on the grill.
- Smoke for 1½ hours.
- Wrap beef short ribs with a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Cook for 2 more hours.
- Unwrap the beef short ribs and cook on the smoker for 30 minutes.
- Slice the butter compound into ½-inch discs.
- Remove the beef ribs from the grill and rest on a serving plate. Put 2 discs
of butter compound on the hot beef ribs. Rest for 10 minutes and let the
- Slice and serve short ribs.