Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
4 pounds whole chicken
Salt, to taste
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, chopped
2 teaspoons of ginger, minced
3 teaspoons of five-spice powder
4 tablespoons of melted butter
4-5 green onions
1 cup grapefruit juice
1 cup chicken stock for the Maple Glaze
2 teaspoons of coconut amino
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
6 tablespoons of maple syrup
4 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take a large bowl and combine salt, green onions, stock, juice, ginger,
five spices, and butter
- Whisk well and rub under the chicken skin, cavity, and over the skin.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with green onions and garlic cloves.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and roast for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the maple-glazed ingredients in a bowl 7. Add
broth and juice to the roasting pan after 30 minutes.
- After every 20 minutes, baste the chicken with the maple glaze and
repeat the process a few times.
- The total roasting time for the chicken will be 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest 10 minutes before cutting
- Serve the chicken along with the pan juices.
Nutrition: Calories: 613; fat: 28.8g; Cholesterol: 229mg; Sodium: 388mg
Carb: 15.7g; Protein: 67.7g;