Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
1 small whole chicken
6-8 pounds Main Ingredients
10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 bay leaves, finely crumbled
2 teaspoons paprika Salt, or to taste
4 hot chile peppers, finely chopped
6 tablespoons olive oil For the Basting Sauce
8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of lime juice
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups or cans of organic coconut milk
- Use a kitchen shear to remove the vertebrate by cutting along either side
of the chicken.
- Break the breast bone if preferred.
- Take a small bowl and mix garlic cloves, bay leaves, salt, olive oil,
paprika and chili powders.
- Rub the chicken with this marinade.
- Cover the chicken and refrigerate for few hours or overnight.
- Mix all the basting ingredients in a bowl and start to baste the chicken
skin with the coconut sauce
- Place chicken skin-side-up on a rack about 7-8 inches under the broiler.
- Baste frequently and broil the chicken for a maximum of 60 minutes.
- The chicken is ready when it has blackened on the top and moist
- Serve with remaining sauce in the pan.
Nutrition: Calories: 948; fat: 57.2g; Cholesterol: 303mg; Sodium: 323mg;
Carb: 6.4g; Protein: 100.4g