Cooking Time: 4 hours
2 lbs. beef short ribs
¼ tsp. ground fennel
¼ tsp. ground celery salt
¼ tsp. ground chile de arbol
1 tbsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. pepper
½ tbsp. onion powder
½ tbsp. white sugar
1 tsp. Hungarian paprika
1 tsp. Accent
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp. chopped yellow onions
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 cup fresh cilantro
¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice 2 tbsp
2 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Set up the smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 250°F
- Mix Beef Rub ingredients together in a bowl.
- Apply the Beef Rub on the short ribs.
- Use hickory wood for smoke and place the short ribs on the smoker.5.
Cook for 2 hours at 250 degrees°F
- In the meantime, make the Chimichurri Sauce. In a food processor,
pulse the garlic and onion until finely chopped.
- Add the parsley, cilantro, and oregano and pulse briefly, until finely
chopped (not pureed).
- Place the mixture in a bowl. Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lime
juice and mix well by hand.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes. Store in the refrigerator until ready
- Place all the short ribs in a small foil pan and cover with a sheet of
- Cook for another 1½ hours in the foil pan, until tender.
- Remove the short ribs from the foil pan and place them back on the cooker,
discarding the foil pan and its contents.
- Cook the short ribs for another 30 minutes, meat side up.
- Remove the short ribs from the cooker and serve with Chimichurri Sauce