Cooking Time: 5 – 7 Minutes
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1 can artichoke hearts, rinsed and chopped
1/4 cup low-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Position an oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the broiler.
- Coat a medium-sized ovenproof skillet in cooking spray and place over
Medium warmth. Add the bell pepper and prepare dinner for two minutes, or till gentle. Stir in
the garlic and crimson pepper flakes. Prepare dinner for 1 minute, then switch to a plate.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the eggs and beat until well combined.
Add the artichoke hearts, Parmesan, oregano, salt, pepper, and bell pepper
mixture and mix.
- Recoat the skillet in cooking spray and place it back over medium heat. Pour in
the egg mixture, tilt the pan around until evenly distributed. Cook for 30
seconds, until the bottom starts to set.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the bottom is golden, frequently
lifting the edges to let the uncooked egg flow underneath, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Place the pan under the broiler. Cook until the top is set, about 2 – 3 minutes.
Remove and cut in half.
Nutrition: Calories: 228; Protein: 20grams; Carbohydrates: 18grams;